Wednesday, November 7, 2018

LCA 3Q18 Letter

Returns rebounded in 3Q18. My letter to clients is posted on my website here. It includes thoughts on existing positions and two new ones towards which we've allocated some of the proceeds on the sale of IVTY.

I briefly mentioned towards the end of the letter how helpful it's been for me to re-read Chapter 8 of the Psychology of Intelligence Analysis, by Richards J. Heuer, Jr. That chapter deals with "Analysis of Competing Hypotheses" and lays out such a simple but deep method for assessing such things. The whole book is an amazing read.

-- END --

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. PAST HISTORY IS NO GUARANTEE OF PRIOR RETURNS. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR BUSINESS NOR A RECOMMENDATION TO BUY OR SELL SECURITIES. I HAVE NO ASSURANCES THAT INFORMATION IS CORRECT NOR DO I HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO UPDATE READERS ON ANY CHANGES TO AN INVESTMENT THESIS IN THE COMPANIES MENTIONED HERE, WHICH I MAY OWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment